Hello Marina Drive neighbors,
We are writing a quarterly newsletter to let you know what’s happening in the neighborhood. We welcome your feedback and any information other neighbors would be interested in knowing to include in future newsletters.
YARD OF THE QUARTER: Having a Yard of the Quarter program was initiated by the MD Board Members to encourage yard beautification (and bragging rights) within the neighborhood. Congratulations to Jenny and Blakey Adams at 1075 Marina Drive for being our first winner of Yard of the Quarter. We’re excited to announce and congratulate our new winner, Bridget and Jerry Wood, 1780 Marina Drive. Both winners received a $25 gift card to Lowes.
BOARD MEMBERS BUSY: A list of accomplishments during this quarter are:
· SIGNS IN YARDS: Since it is election time and as a reminder, there are no signs of any kind, including political signs permitted on any property, other than advertising the property For Sale or Lease.
· VACANT LOTS: With football and holiday season upon us, a reminder there is “No Parking” on either vacant lot on our street. Please do not have your guests park on the lots at they are not owned by Marina Drive, rather owned by Oak Harbor Investment Property.
· PARKING IN DRIVEWAY: If you need to have a watercraft or trailer in your driveway for a short period of time, let a Board Member or GNO know so a violation letter is not sent.
· PICK UP AFTER PETS: Please be respectful of others property and pick up after your pet.
TOWNHOMES NOT IN ASSOCIATION: We now have “Oak Tree” decals to advertise which townhomes are in the Marina Drive/Oak Harbor Property Owners Association. The decals are a great reminder to neighbors as well as realtors that this is a covenant neighborhood. If you are interested in displaying a decal on your mailbox, notify a Marina Drive Board Member.
NIGHT OUT AGAINST CRIME: Tuesday, October 15, Marina Drive has registered with the St Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office for this nation-wide crime prevention event. Location to be determined but save the date to have a drink and snack with neighbors and local law enforcement.
UPCOMING ANNUAL MEETINGS: Please plan to attend these important meetings.
· Wednesday, OCTOBER 23, MD will hold its annual membership meeting. As in previous years, our meeting will be held at Tammany Yacht Club. There are three board member positions open so now is your chance to become active in your homeowners’ association.
· Wednesday, NOVEMBER 20, OH will hold its annual membership meeting at Northshore Harbor Center with registration at 6pm and meeting to start at 6:30pm. Members of the new management company, GNO, will be in attendance as will the entire 2019 OH Board.
PAYING OF DUES: It’s early but as a reminder, GNO should be mailing the 2020 homeowner dues statements out by middle of December and payment is required by the end of January to avoid late fees. Payments can still be mailed to GNO or, as a new service, paid on-line to include a convenience fee.
UPCOMING FUN ACIVITIES:
· HOLIDAY DECORATING CONTEST: This year the contest will have two categories – yard and front door. Gift certificates will be given for first, second and third places in both categories. Judging will be on Thursday, DECEMBER 12 so show your holiday spirit by decorating a little (door category) or a lot (yard category).
· CHRISTMAS BOAT PARADE: Usually held on the third Saturday of December, mark your calendars as this is always a beautiful event. Last year, one boat’s Christmas lights was synchronized to Christmas music.
· LUMINARIES: Last year was our inaugural luminary event and again, we’ll light our street with luminaries on Christmas Eve. The purpose is to show Santa/Papa Noel the way to find good girls and boys; but both kiddos and adults love the magical and peaceful sight. Join us in any phase, putting sand and candles in bags, placing bags on street and/or lighting the candles once in place.
We hope you found this Newsletter informative and useful, until next quarter…